Realistic Assessment Of Piles Surgery
To help to make an informed choice, there are a few things you should know about various pile surgical procedures.
First there are the particular non-invasive procedures such as latex banding or coagulation treatment. Latex banding involves placing a tight latex band around the pile, causing the pile to be able to shrivel up and fall off. This is a relatively safe process, but it can take up to a week to complete the process, where time this could get quite intensive. Latex banding can only be used on piles of a certain size, because it really is not suitable for piles that are too small to get a good lock on or for piles too large to get the latex group around.
- Another non-invasive procedure is actually cauterization therapy, which can be performed by laser, medication, or freezing.
- In this instance, the effect of the procedure is to cut off blood flow into the pile at the source.
- All of these therapies are potentially very painful, but carry less chance for long term damage than full incisive surgery.
Coagulation treatment, which also leads to the complete stoppage of blood to the pile, can be an alternative. This is less effective than most, but also carries less risk and potential trauma, so it is frequently used for the elderly or perhaps for those who might not recover well.
Lets look at Hemorrhoids What Kind of Doctor TreatsLets look at Hemorrhoids What Kind of Doctor Treats. Calmovil Hemorrhoid Relief Package includes homeopathic drops, calming topical cream, and all-natural supplement, formulated to help target the source of hemorrhoids. Calmovil's active ingredients have been used for hundreds of years to support healthy blood circulation, helping in reducing swelling and support healthy hemorrhoid veins. Now they are all integrated into this unique Hemorrhoid formula. Improving blood flow, decreasing swelling and supporting healthy veins has been proven to ease the discomfort and flare-ups associated with hemorrhoids.
Click Here to Purchase »
- The first unpleasant surgical procedure involves stapling the piles back up into the anal canal while excising just as much pile tissue as possible.
- This action carries much less risk of trauma and permanent damage than hemorrhoidectomy, but does have a higher recurrence rate.
- People who take this option are about 3% more likely to experience a return of their piles.
- In addition, the surgeon needs to be specifically trained in this process for ideal results.
Hemorrhoid Treatment - How to get Your Life Back There is just no choosing the person, place and occasion where hemorrhoids are concern. This problem can occur to anyone, at any place and any time. It is a very uncomfortable irritating, painful and not to mention awkward sickness to have as it...
- Hemorrhoidal arterial ligation is another alternative to full hemorrhoidectomy.
- In this process, the doctor finds the blood vessels feeding the artery, and closes it right above those vessels' entry into the pile.
- It is also a smaller amount traumatic than a full hemorrhoidectomy, and offers a 93% success rate in stopping piles from returning.
Then there is hemorrhoidectomy, which involves the total removing the pile and surrounding tissue by either a scalpel or laser.
Rubber band ligation of internal piles 1
Neither has been proven in clinical studies to work better than the other, and while laser surgery might reduce the chance of scalpel-borne infection, it can also cause deep tissue burns if the surgeon isn't enough skilled. A hemorrhoidectomy does carry the greatest chance of permanent pile elimination. However, it also bears the biggest possibility of extremely bad side effects such as life time incontinence and permanent nerve damage. These side effects are fortunately extremely rare, but you should be aware of them. In addition, hemorrhoidectomy has the longest recovery time and usually a long period of pain and inflammation.
- Knowing the risks is an important part of deciding whether surgery is right for you.
- Only you, along with your doctor's assistance, can decide on the pile surgery right for you.
Donald writes informatively regarding piles, and knows much about piles surgery and non-surgical piles remedies.
Sandra R. Boyes
Sandra is a leading writer at uti-remedies.info, a site about alternative medicine. Last year, Sandra worked as a consultant for a well-known news startup. When she's not scouting for web content, Sandra enjoys cycling and surfing.