Injection Sclerotherapy for Hemorrhoid
According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), about half of Americans aged 50 years and above experience signs of hemorrhoids or piles. The disorder is characterized by soreness, itching, and bleeding in the anus or lower rectum. It can be caused by painful veins which swell. It's grouped into two kinds. It is an internal hemorrhoid if the inflamed veins are inside the rectum. It is external if it is under the skin that surrounds the anus. One who has this condition can take over the counter treatment, go through a surgical procedure or try a non-surgical approach such as injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid.
- Sclerotherapy is only one of the non-surgical treatments for hemorrhoid.
- In fact, it is one of the oldest strategies used for dealing with this problem.
- Other non-surgical remedies include rubber band ligation, cryotherapy and heat coagulation.
- With this approach, the medical practitioner would inject phenol or perhaps quinine urea in liquid form.
- They are the people referred to as the sclerosants.
- Their main goal is to get rid of the long-period but mild inflammation.
- The patients are usually requested to be able to defecate before injecting the particular sclerosants.
- Defecating right after the treatment will be strongly discouraged because it may reduce treatment's usefulness.
- The area to be handled is usually oiled and pain killer may be given.
The Sclerosants Must be Shot to the Hemorrhoids' Base
It is not totally pain-free but the pain is experienced much shorter than the one experienced after a surgical procedure. This hemorrhoid management technique usually requires only a day for the pain to go away. It is an outpatient procedure but most doctors recommend that you have someone come with you and also drive you home.
- One of the benefits of this injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid is that the results are quick even if it is less expensive than other treatments.
- The soreness would subside fast.
- One can see results at least a week after the fluids are injected.
- The hemorrhoids will come out of the body through the natural bowel movement, which must be pain and blood-free.
Another Good Thing about this Therapy is that It is Non-Invasive
This is why it is one of the most recommended to the elderly suffering from the said disorder. Unlike surgical procedures, injecting liquids to the veins does not require much strength as well as excellent health.
Of Course, Virtually Any Treatment Has Its Own Downside
In the case of sclerotherapy, one may develop scars in the affected area when the inflammation is actually treated. Moreover, the medical practitioners limit the treatment to only three hemorrhoids per sessions. It can't be used for very large painful problematic veins or third degree piles, too. In addition to that the injected phenol is less effective on large piles, there is also a chance for thrombus. Another downside is that the benefits of this treatment are not permanent. The condition may come back after a year or so.
Cure Hemorrhoids Naturally Importantly, when starting treatment for a condition such as hemorrhoids, you first need to ascertain what the root cause of the condition is. A lot of the natural, holistic treatments available, focus on the root cause, not just on symptom relief....
- Additionally, the injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids may be great for the elderly suffering from piles but it is not for everyone.
- It can't be given to those who have other inflammatory bowel conditions such as the ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
To learn about other treatments for hemorrhoids please visit http://how-to-cure-hemorrhoids-fast.blogspot.com and http://how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-at-home.blogspot.com.
Hemorrhoid or Fissure?
While it may not be the subject of casual conversation, rectal bleeding is something you should discuss with your doctor. But very often people are embarrassed ...
For French check out http://traiter-les-hemorroides-naturellement.blogspot.com and http://hemorroide-faits-traitements.blogspot.com.
For Spanish visit http://tratamiento-de-las-hemorroides.blogspot.com For Italian visit http://come-curare-emorroidi-modo-naturale.blogspot.com.
For German Check Out Http://Hamorrhoiden-Behandlung-Hausmittel.Blogspot.Com
For Portuguese visit http://como-curar-hemorroida-naturalmente.blogspot.com.
Sandra R. Boyes
Sandra is a leading writer at uti-remedies.info, a site about alternative medicine. Last year, Sandra worked as a consultant for a well-known news startup. When she's not scouting for web content, Sandra enjoys cycling and surfing.