Home Remedies for Piles or Hemorrhoids
When we were children and all desperately clamoring to sit on the one radiator in our classroom our teacher would call us in order to order by informing us that we would give ourselves piles. This is nonsense actually because piles are basically caused by constipation, bad flow, pregnancy, overeating on a low-fibre diet or any circumstance which causes pressure to be put on the veins around the anal passage creating a condition in which these people turn out to be swollen and twisted.
The major problem does seem to be constipation especially of the 'sit and strain' as opposed to the particular 'I will wait until I feel like it' variety. Whilst piles may not be brought on by sitting on heat I do wonder if they can be cured by the old approach to sitting in iced water. The most recommended ways of trying to rid yourself of piles are to eat a high-fibre diet with plenty of bran, take a vitamin B6 supplement, drink lots of water and include honey to your diet (some people recommend it as an unguent).Walk whenever you can, every day.
Witch hazel Keep a bottle of witch hazel in the refrigerator and use it on a cotton wool compress.
Can Hemorrhoids Come Back? - Roger Hsiung, MD - Colorectal Surgeon
Hemorrhoids can grow back, says Roger Hsiung, MD, a colorectal surgeon at Southern Hills Hospital. In this video, he describes how hemorrhoid patients ...
- Garlic or marigold The old herbalists recommended a suppository of raw garlic cloves, the very thought of which makes me wince.
- Garlic oil, cream or skin salve are additional soothing as well as healing suggestions.
- Marigold oil or calendula cream are fragrant options.
Pilewort (lesser celandine) This very astringent little herb has been used for many years, as th name indicates, to cut back, shrink and soothe piles. A decoction made by simmering 40 g (1.5 oz) of pilewort in ' litre 9scant pint) of water until it is reduced by half can be applied to a warm compress to shrink the swollen veins. Pilewort ointment is the favored method of application and you can make your own by gathering the roots in the spring. Weigh then pound together. This mixture is actually left to macerate for five days in a stone vessel after which time it is actually gently heated, strained and pressed through a cloth. Good home remedy regarding piles or perhaps hemorrhoids.
Bilberry, sloes or yarrow Decoction of any of these are astringent and may also be used on a compress in order to much the same effect.
Blackberry Leaf Tea Drink this Tea to Help the Circulation.
Roast figs, honey and also thyme Popular as a paste regarding chilblains, this remedy was also popular as a cure for piles. You may draw the line at the other remedy recommended for both chilblains and piles of 1 tbsp. of honey and glycerin mixed to a fine paste with egg white and flour. However I am certain that it works right after one application. One of the good home remedies for piles or hemorrhoids.
- Essential oils Use 1 dessertspoon of olive oil or 1 drop of geranium oil in cold cream.
- Cypress oil in hot water can also be used as a soothing compress.
Alum and lard One teaspoon of powdered alum melted into 40g 91.5 oz0 of pure lard is another very old-fashioned remedy.
- Horse chestnut Suspend disbelief and carry one within your pocket; as it hardens so will your piles diminish.
- Another popular belief was to hold a small bag of the root of wood avens around the neck.
- Why I do not know but some times these strange treatments work.
This is one condition you probably won't hear your friends dealing with at a holiday party ' but it's a good bet many of them have occasionally suffered from this problem. Hemorrhoids are very common. Doctors have estimated that about twenty five percent of all adults can get these kinds of pesky irritants at one time or another.
Does H Miracle really work or is it a scam? Millions of people suffer from hemorrhoids. You are probably one of them. It s surely an embarrassing problem. And this embarrassment is being taken advantage of by the drug companies. You can purchase you lots of creams as well as pills that have...
- Hemorrhoids are veins in the anus, that, instead of moving blood effortlessly, get distended and filled with blood.
- When the blood doesn't flow, the veins gradually enlarge, like a water balloon.
- Eventually these people get large enough to make you very uncomfortable.
- Hemorrhoids usually occur when you strain to have a bowel movement.
- The increase pressure brought on by straining causes the veins to weaken, get flabby, and, then, to be able to swell.
- Because hemorrhoids are usually filled with blood, you may notice blood in the toilet bowl.
- When you don't know what's leading to it, blood from that area can be very frightening indeed.
- The truth is, hemorrhoids are rarely serious, and will often go away on their own.
- If they are painful or itchy, however, you're going to want fast relief.
- Below are a few things that can help.
Call on the Witch
To relieve the itching and burning of hemorrhoids, doctors often recommend applying a little witch hazel. This will quickly cool the area so you feel more comfortable. For extra relief, some people cool the witch hazel first by storing it in the refrigerator.
Put Water to be Effective
Perhaps the easiest home remedy for hemorrhoids is just to sit in a warm bath several times a day. The warm water may help relax the anal muscle tissue and improve circulation, that will help hemorrhoids heal. Don't add bath oils or salts to the water, however, because this may increase the irritation.
- Add several lubrication.
- Spreading a little petroleum jelly on hemorrhoids will help protect the tender skin.
- Many doctors believe it works as well as special hemorrhoids creams and creams, and it's much less expensive.
Take Advantage of Fiber
Foods that are high in dietary fiber help make the stools softer and easier to feed. This is important because the less you strain to have a bowel movement, the less likely hemorrhoids are to make. A quick way to get more fiber is to pick up some psyllium at the drugstore. This particular natural ingredient is found in goods such as Metamucil, and it's an excellent way in order to make softer stools.
Drink a Lot of Water
Your intestines need a lot of fluid to work smoothly and with a minimum of irritation. Drinking eight to twelve glasses of water a day will provide plenty of lubrication as well as make the stools softer and, therefore, easier to pass.
Cheek Your Weight
Those who are overweight have a higher risk for hemorrhoids because the extra kilos exert much more pressure on the anal area, making hemorrhoids more likely to form. In some cases, losing weight will cause your hemorrhoids in order to disappear, as well.
Sandra R. Boyes
Sandra is a leading writer at uti-remedies.info, a site about alternative medicine. Last year, Sandra worked as a consultant for a well-known news startup. When she's not scouting for web content, Sandra enjoys cycling and surfing.